Last updated: June 2020
The personal data collected through this website is processed under the control of GENZYME CORPORATION, 50 BINNEY STREET, CAMBRIDGE, MA 02142.
For any queries concerning the processing of your Personal Data, you can contact SANOFI’s Data Protection Officer at this address: PRIVACY-OFFICE-GLOBAL@SANOFI.COM.
ON WHAT LEGAL GROUND WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Unless stated otherwise, the communication of Your personal data to SANOFI and the processing by SANOFI is mandatory for the performance or the execution of the contract between You and SANOFI. Should you refuse to communicate your data, Sanofi will not be able to grant you access to this website.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• On the basis of our contractual or pre-contractual relationship with you: TO ALLOW US TO IDENTIFY OR AUTHENTICATE YOU ; PROVIDE OR VERIFY YOUR CREDENTIALS INCLUDING VIA PASSWORDS, PASSWORD HINTS, SECURITY INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS, HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL NUMBER,. Providing this data is necessary to enter into a contract; in case you fail to provide such data, you will not be able to use the service;
TO PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE WHEN USING OUR SERVICES ; ENSURE THAT OUR SERVICES ARE PRESENTED IN THE WAY THAT BEST SUITS YOU ; UNDERSTAND YOUR PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL INTERESTS IN OUR CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT AND ADAPT OUR CONTENT TO YOUR NEEDS AND PREFERENCES ; PRESENT YOU PRODUCTS AND OFFERS TAILORED TO YOU
TO ALLOW US TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ; RESPOND TO YOUR REQUESTS OR INQUIRIES ; PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ; PROVIDE YOU WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION, ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION, REQUIRED NOTICES, AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS ; SEND YOU NEWS AND INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS, OUR SERVICES, OUR BRANDS, OUR OPERATIONS ; ORGANIZE AND MANAGE PROFESSIONAL EVENTS AND CONGRESSES, INCLUDING YOUR PARTICIPATION TO SUCH EVENTS
TO CARRY OUT OUR BUSINESS OPERATIONS ; CARRY OUT RELEVANCE OF EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS ; RESPOND TO YOUR REQUESTS; TO KEEP TRACK OF OUR INTERACTIONS AND MEETINGS, SUCH AS WHEN YOU CONTACT US FOR INFORMATION AND SUPPORT ;
• On the basis of legal obligations applicable to us and/or our activities: TO IMPLEMENT PHARMACOVIGILANCE PROCESSING
• On the basis of our legitimate interests : TO IMPLEMENT PHARMACOVIGILANCE PROCESSING AND HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL VALIDATION; in this respect, You have the right to object to this data processing if you justify of a legitimate motive resulting from your particular situation.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
As required for the above-mentioned purposes, SANOFI may need to communicate your personal data to the following recipients:
• AFFILIATES AND OTHER ENTITIES OF THE SANOFI GROUP IN CHARGE OF PROCESSING YOUR DATA UNDER SANOFI’S SUPERVISION AND INSTRUCTIONS
• SUBCONTRACTORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS IN CHARGE OF PROCESSING YOUR DATA UNDER SANOFI’S SUPERVISION AND INSTRUCTIONS;
SANOFI may also need to communicate your data to judicial and administrative authorities in accordance with legal or regulatory requirements and/or to respond to specific requests or orders in the framework of judicial or administrative procedures.
WHERE YOUR DATA MAY BE TRANSFERRED?
SANOFI is a multinational Group. In this context, Sanofi may need to transfer your data towards entities of its Group. Sanofi may also need to share your personal data with third party partners outside of the Sanofi Group to process your data. Such Sanofi or non-Sanofi entities may be located outside the Economic European Area, in countries where the legislation does not necessarily offer the same level of data protection or in countries not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level protection.
In order to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data, those transfers are safeguarded by SANOFI in accordance with the requirement of European law as follows including, notably SANOFI’S BINDING CORPORATE RULES FOR INTRA-GROUP TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA IMPLEMENTED FOR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION AND PHARMACOVIGILANCE PURPOSES OR THE EUROPEAN UNION MODEL CLAUSES ( STANDARD CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES, CONTROLLER TO PROCESSOR).
You may obtain a copy of these safeguards by contacting our DPO (or LPO) hereinabove.
FROM WHAT SOURCES DO WE OBTAIN DATA ABOUT YOU?
Personal data will generally be provided by you directly. Certain personal data has been provided to SANOFI by the following third-parties:
• DOCCHECK, SWISSRX, AND MICROSOFT AZURE;
These entities have indicated to do so in the framework of their own privacy policies or by applicable law. If you want to learn more about the origin of such personal data and the condition of their collection and transfer to SANOFI, please refer to their applicable data protection policies."
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
In accordance with the rights granted to you by law, you are entitled to:
• access by simple request to Your personal data – in which case you may request to receive a copy of your personal data, unless such personal data is made available to you directly;
• to request a rectification of Your personal data if such is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
• to obtain the deletion of Your personal data in the specific cases provided for by law;
• to obtain a limitation of the processing of Your data in the specific cases provided for by law;
• to receive Your personal data for transmission to a third-party or to obtain the transmission of Your personal data to such third-party as designated by You, to the extent this is technically possible.
Should a difficulty arise, you can send an information request directly to our Data Protection Officer at the following address: PRIVACY-OFFICE-GLOBAL@SANOFI.COM. You can also lodge a complaint with the COMMISSION NATIONALE DE L’INFORMATIQUE ET DES LIBERTÉS.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE RETAINED?
Your data will generally be retained for the following duration : FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH SANOFI and in any case only for the duration that is necessary to fulfil the above mentioned purposes, unless further retention is necessary to meet legal or regularity requirements or to the protection of SANOFI’s interests.
Certain personal data may be used as part of an automated analysis to be used by SANOFI to take a decision that concerns You. On the basis of this process, SANOFI may ON THE BASIS OF THIS ANALYSIS, WE MAY REFUSE TO GRANT YOU FULL ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE.
This decision will be taken on the basis of DOCCHECK AND SWISSRX REGISTRATION. In any case, you have the right to request a verification of the validity of this decision through human intervention, to send us your observations and as needed, to contest the decision.